Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Am I qualified?

I play at trainer level 35, which is at the lower end of hard core gaming in the city where I live.

My strength lies with understanding game mechanics, but I'm a pretty lousy player. If you want to know how to dodge specific attacks in the most efficient way, you'll have to ask someone else.

I'm also an Instinct player, which qualifies as hard core in itself in an environment where 80% of the player base is Valor or Mystic.

In Gothenburg, a half a million inhabitant city at the Swedish west coast, I belong to the Instinct raid core. Of that core half the players are my trainer level or higher. Together we're about a dozen players, with another dozen or so joining us occasionally.

Now, if this qualifies or not is up to you. This is the player I am.


Edit:

Since the last days in December I've slowly amassed the xp needed to make it to level 38.

Since then we've lost some players, and others have joined. For good or bad that leaves me as one of the higher levelled players in the Gothenburg Instinct raid core.


Edit 2:

Late July and I'm desperately trying to avoid reaching level 40. It's a gimmick thing for me now not to be max level, but the XP keeps coming, and it seems unlikely that I can stave off the unavoidable much longer than throughout August.


Edit 3:

Mid August was as far as I could push it. From now on I play as yet another level 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment