Sunday, December 23, 2018

About myself

The last post I wrote on why I believe I have something to contribute to the community was written in December 2016 or so. The level 35 part carried a little more weight at that time.

Since then the game has veered into four directions, one of which is the common denominator for the other three -- grinding.


  • Just shy of 130k mons caught
  • 9k walked
  • 110+ k spun stops
  • below 1k total raids

I guess that still places me at the lower end of hard core players.


PvP

Total newb. Nuff said.


Boss raiding

Just for grinding. If you want to know the best method and circumstances for handling that boss with a minimum number of players, go ask someone else.


Gym battles

I belong to the heavy weights here. Boasting? Probably, but most likely also a reality.

While I can only muster a paltry 23 gold badges, that's not the way I game. I play the territorial game, and if I wanted to mass produce more badges I'd simply dump another $ 1k into the game and chew up every soloable raid within distance provided I didn't have gold on that gym. In other words, gym badges say very little about gym battling.

  • 9.5k ace trainer (including a couple of dozen PvP trainer battles)
  • 48k battles won
  • 50k berries fed into gyms
  • 38k hours in gyms
There are several players with higher numbers, but it still constitutes as heavy weight.

I very seldom do rural gyms. Being allowed to spend a full day in any defended gym is an exception. My most active gym tells a story in itself

  • 6.8k victories
  • 119 days defended
  • 5.6k berries fed into the gym

Main combat area

My personal territory isn't a suburb. It's the main cluster of gyms in my 650k population city, and as such is heavily contested. That's also what makes it fun. It's five gyms in a cluster plus another two within one and two minute's walk from said cluster.

As I don't have infinite time to clear it out when needed, I want all seven gyms to be flipped within an hour when I go solo, they're fully populated but not defended. That's under ten minutes per gym, walking included, and I catch mons on the way.

Any one gym defended by no more than two berry feeders should be soloable. It's my responsibility to keep a line-up and the associated resources neded to enable that. I do.

It's my responsibility to be able to place the best possible, maxed out defender into a gym disregarding what it already contains. Barring a seventh maxed out blissey I fill that condition.

Five maxed out snorlax accompanied by four maxed out chansey handle the majority of the other cases, and I have access to another four top-class maxed out tertiary defenders against whom fighting attacks are ineffective as well as another dozen maxed out tertiary defenders to handle corner case scenarios.


How I play

Needless to say my attackers are all maxed out. I assemble an attacking team from two dozen attackers while walking to the next gym. I have yet to see a defensive line-up against which I can't:
  • field two super effective attackers against each defender
  • or
  • down the crap in the gym before it inflicts meaningful damage on my attacker

It's my responsibility to know what defender goes into a gym and how to remove opposing defenders as efficiently as possible. I do.

To date I have never failed to bring down a gym solo when I set my mind to it. That includes burning down a gym defended by four players, admittedly four very drunk defenders, but they were still on-site.

I prefer the gym raiding style. That means two or more players acting in tandem. We're running a dedicated gym battle chat with some fifty members. Of those two dozen are extremely active. Occasionally we organise larger raids. The largest one saw 150 gyms flipped during a two hour assault and all those gyms defended for another two for shits and giggles.

All in all I'm a major PITA for valor and mystic whenever I take a personal interest in a gym. I'm a gym raider through and through, and that's pretty much it about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment