Saturday, October 27, 2018

Gym territory and reputation

Just because I love to necro my dead blog.

This post is about why you should play the player rather than playing the game. The context is gym battling.

The best gym defender is not blissey.

While a maxed out high IV blissey, supported by similar chansey, snorlax, and machamp-hating tertiaty defenders sandwiched between them, are indeed fantastic defenders they still take a back seat position compared to a bloody awful reputation.

I'm assuming you want to establish or maintain some kind of hegenomy over a limited number of gyms. I'm also assuming that you are more than one player, or, all gods forbid, running multiple accounts (and yes, I dislike that but it's not a personal deal breaker).

You'll need

  • persistence
  • persistence
  • persistence
  • time
  • money
  • a bloody awful reputation

That's it. And that's a lot.

To give me a reason to kick this blog alive again I'll stop here and expand on this theory in a few posts the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment