Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Fire and Ice event, first impressions

Well, it's been live for a day now.

Triple XP for everything keyed to catching a pokemon. That's a base 300 XP for the mon itself.

Five times the XP for hatching an egg.


We're being flooded by cyndaquil and houndour. Ponita and growlithe swarm the streets as well, together with shellders, seels and swinubs. Lapras seem to spawn at an increased rate as well, but they're far from everywhere.

Strangely enough I haven't been invaded by neither slugma nor jynx.


The cost in pokeballs is brutal, which is to be expected when you're seeing two starters everywhere, but in the long run, bloody hell the XP keep pouring in.

The way I'm normally playing I'd expect around 50K XP from a day during which I can play a substanitial amount of time. That usually means walking around 20 kilometres.

Let's look at the eggs only. One ten kilometre and four five kilometre ones for some kind of low average since I tend to collect enough coins to get myself two incubators every three days. That's 15K XP during this event, from hatching eggs.

Add a low average of 400 XP per pokemon caught and my usual 200 mons caught should yield another 80K. Spin the 200 stops as usual and we have another 10K.

105K XP before I start hacking away at the gyms, and we're still looking at rather defensive numbers.


Players at the 30 to 32 level range should expect to gain a level without even trying. Add a few select lucky eggs and you're pushing two.

No comments:

Post a Comment